Clase de cocina en Luang Prabang: Starts at 10:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm (including eating time). We meet up at Tamnaklao restaurant and start approximately 1-hour market tour to find some fresh ingredients. And then we are back to restaurant for morning tea break. And then it’s time for demonstration and cooking of two dishes:
* Luang Prabang Salad – learn how to make the delicious Lao hard-boiled egg mayonnaise
* Feu Khua – sticky rice noodles with chicken and vegetables
These two cuisines will be your lunch and after that it’s demonstration of 3 dishes:
* Chicken Larp – famous Lao cold meat salad
* Kheu Sen Lon – soy vermicelli noodle dish
* Oh Paedak – a moist pork dish which is a great example of delicate Lao flavours
You will have chance to taste the 3 dishes and choose to cook 2 at your work station, following the instructions in the Cook Book and aided by the instructors.
Afternoon tea break it’s the demonstration of 2 more dishes:
* Kheu Muk Kheua Gup Moo – pork with eggplant
* Gheng Phet – eggplant, chicken, coconut milk, beans and basil
You continue tasting these 2 dishes and choose to cook 1 at your work station, following the instructions in the Cook Book and aided by the instructors. Finally there is demonstration only, you are shown how to cook Cowniouw (Lao sticky rice) and Jeowbong (the famous Luang Prabang chilli paste). Eat what has been cooked in the afternoon for your early evening meal.
Meeting/pick-up point: Tamnaklao restaurant.
Duration: Seven hours.
Start/opening time: At 10am.