Ausflüge in San Francisco Area - CA: Explore San Francisco at your own pace with a pass for the hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus and bike combo, and marvel at the sights from an open-top double decker bus or experience them close up on your self picked bicycle route.
* Explore San Francisco and its Bay at your own pace * Pick up a rental bike and drop off at several locations all over town * Cable car tour of Sausalito * Experience 24 stops throughout the city * Visit iconic landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf and Chinatown * Enjoy the views of the city
Climb aboard a double-decker bus and loop the city center at your own pace. The bus passes 24 stops, strategically positioned to serve the most popular landmarks and shopping centers. Hop off to explore more; then grab a bike from one of 5 convenient locations and explore the city on your own. Turn in the bike at another stop and jump on the next bus to travel to your next destination. You may switch between bus and bike as often as you like.
The Sausalito Loop takes you to the other side of San Francisco Bay to the beautiful coastal town of Sausalito. Enjoy panoramic views of San Francisco Bay on a round-trip route from South Vista Point of the Golden Gate Bridge to downtown Sausalito. You are free to spend as much time in Sausalito as you choose.
San Francisco is rich in culture and history. The Hop on Hop off ticket therefore also includes two FREE walking tours recounting the riveting past of the Gold Rush Daze and the Legendary Summer of Love. The itinerary and map with help you determine you route and won't let you miss any of the "must see" sights of the City by the Bay.
STOP 1“ Visitor Information Center
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Anchorage Square; The Cannery at Del Monte Square’s shops and restaurants; San Francisco Maritime Historic Park at Hyde Street Pier and Aquatic Park; the famous Cable Cars on Hyde Street hill; and Ghirardelli Square, a chocolate-lovers paradise.
STOP 2 - Alcatraz Landing
* POINTS OF INTEREST: One of the most popular destinations in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Alcatraz Island is home to the former max-security infamous federal prison.
STOP 3 “ Levi's Plaza
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Visit the Levi's Store at Levi Strauss Plaza or walk to Coit Tower and visit the top for stunning 360 degree views of the city and bay! Other points: Cruise Terminal, Fog City Diner, and the Exploratorium
STOP 4 “ Embarcadero Center
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Embarcadero Center offers over 120 unique dining and shopping experiences. Embarcadero Plaza and Justin Herman Plaza surround the center and serve as parks along Embarcadero Street.
STOP 5 “ Hyatt Regency Hotel
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Stroll through the Ferry Building Marketplace where you can find a dreamy selection of artisan food, independently owned and operated businesses, and a local farmers market. The Ferry Building showcases some of the Bay Area's finest local offerings. Get up close to the Bay Bridge for exceptional photo opportunities.
*Bus and Bike COMBO ONLY bike pickup stop
STOP 6 “ Union Square South
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Central Shopping and Theatre District featuring department stores, upscale boutiques, art galleries, salons, grand hotels, and repertory theatres. Westfield Centre and Cable Cars.
**Start point for the 'Gold Rush Daze' FREE walking tour**
*Bus and Bike COMBO bike pickup stop**
STOP 7 - Van Ness Ave
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Hop off directly between Japantown and Nob Hill neighborhoods
STOP 8“ Lombard Street
* POINTS OF INTEREST: A convenient stop for hotels on Van Ness and Lombard, you are walking distance from Lombard Street the crookedest street in the world. " Nearby shopping can found at fabulous Union Street.
STOP 9 “ Palace of Fine Arts
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Just a few blocks from the Palace of Fine arts, a famous relic of the 1915 Panama Pacific Exposition. Walk into the Presidio for a visit to the Walt Disney Family Museum or see LucasFilm's Letterman Digital Arts Center iconic Yoda Fountain.
STOP 10 “ Golden Gate Bridge (South Vista Point)
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Great views of San Francisco’s skyline and Alcatraz Island or walk the span of the bridge over the entrance of San Francisco Bay.
**Change here for the Double Decker Sausalito Cable Car Tour**
STOP 11 - Golden Gate Park / California Academy of Sciences
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Music Concourse, De Young Museum, the California Academy of Sciences, the Botanical and Japanese Tea Gardens. Also nearby, boat rentals at Stow Lake.
**Change here for the Golden Gate Park & Ocean Beach Trolley**
STOP 12 - Golden Gate Park / Conservatory of Flowers
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Victorian glass and wooden greenhouse is home to exotic tropical flowers and plants and is the oldest of its kind. Outside you can find stunning floral layouts and breathtaking architecture.
STOP 13 - Haight-Ashbury District
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Eclectic district, famous for its role in the 1960’s Hippie Movement, is still a center for bohemian culture. It is lined with one-of-a-kind shops, trendy cafes, bars and restaurants
**Start point for the 'Love, Peace & Haight' FREE walking tour**
*Bus and Bike COMBO ONLY bike pickup stop
STOP 14 - Haight-Ashbury District
* POINTS OF INTEREST: For those looking for the full experience, hop off at STOP 14 and walk all the way through the Haight and hop back on at the other side
**End point for the 'Love, Peace & Haight' FREE walking tour**
STOP 15 “ Alamo Square
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Walk just two blocks to the famous row of San Francisco Victorians to see the houses premiering in opening credits of "Full House" and "Fuller House"!
STOP 16 “ Civic Center / City Hall
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Featuring the Beaux-Arts City Hall with its massive gold leaf covered dome, the War Memorial Opera House, Davies Symphony Hall, and the Asian Art Museum.
STOP 17 - Hilton Hotel
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Walking distance to Westfield Shopping Center and Market Street, Muni and Bart stations, and theatre district
STOP 18 - Union Square North
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Shopping, cable cars, visit our head office at 478 Post Street **Start point for the 'Gold Rush Daze' FREE walking tour**
STOP 19 - Chinatown Gate
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Go through The Dragon Gate entry to Chinatown. Also nearby, San Francisco’s very own quaint French Quarter
STOP 20 - Portsmouth Square
* POINTS OF INTEREST: The tallest building in San Francisco, the TransAmerica Pyramid; Chinatown; Fortune Cookie Factory
STOP 21 - Broadway
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Visit Lawrence Ferlinghetti's City Lights bookstore; North Beach/Little Italy
STOP 22 - Washington Square
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Enjoy cultured café’s, restaurants, and gelaterias or walk to Coit Tower, Lombard “the world’s crookedest” Street and Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral.
STOP 23 - Pier 39
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Experience Pier 39s fun shopping and dining, bay cruise departures, sea lions, and the Aquarium of the Bay
**7D experience location for 48 hour ticket holders**
STOP 24 “ PIER 41-Gray Line Box Office
* POINTS OF INTEREST: Hop on a ferry to Sausalito, take a bay cruise, or stroll the waterfront.
Standard Hop-on Hop-off tour.
Goes to all major points of interest: ChinaTown, Golden Gate, Fisherman’s Wharf, Union Square.
Bike hop-on hop-off tour.
Just like with the bus, guests may pick up a bike at one of the five designated spots as often and for as long as they like. Guests can even return it at a different spot than from where they picked up. Hopping back and forth between bike and bus is endless, or until the 24/48 hours are up! The bike shops are open from 8 to 6 pm, so about the same time frame as the buses are running.
From the Golden Gate South side guests can change onto the Sausalito Cable car, ride across the Golden Gate bridge and explore the small town on the water. Offers great restaurant and quaint shops.
Golden Gate Park & Ocean Beach Trolley tour.
At stop 11 guests can get on the Trolley through Golden Gate Park, one of the largest National Parks inside city limits. We are the only HOHO tour operator with access to Golden Gate Park. Guests will ride past tulip fields, Bison and windmills all the way to Land’s End at the Pacific ocean.
Two free walking tours.
Twice daily guests can join one of our two walking tours included in the ticket. The Love, Peace & Haight celebrates the Summer of love and takes guests through an eclectic neighborhood popular to the Hippies of the 60’s. The Gold Rush Daze revolves around the days of the Gold Rush and recounts the beginning of Chinatown.
Redeem address: 478 Post Street, San Francisco.
Redeem point schedule: From 7am tp 7pm.
Meeting/pick-up point: Please make your way to the redeem point.
Guest can also be picked-up from selected San Francisco hotels upon request.
Pick-up time is between 8:40am and 9:30am.
Opening/ Start time: Buses run from 8am to 6pm.
Bike shops are open from 8am to 6pm.
Free walking tours: twice a day.
Duration: The routes last approximately 2 hours (without hoping on and off the bus).
Frequency: Buses depart every 15-20 minutes.
Guide language: Audio guide in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Mandarin Chinese and Japanese.
Min. Age: 5 years.
Included: The 48 hours ticked includes a 7D experience on Pier 39.
Ticket validity: 24 or 48 hours.
Others: With the voucher, guests can hop on the bus at any of the 24 stops without visiting the tour center first.